Starting a blog in the beginning seems easy! You think hey I can do that, I can stay just as consistent as the most well known bloggers. However if you want to take your brand to new heights running your blog is just like having a second job! In this post I will explain my many barriers i faced when starting my blog, and the key things I have recently implemented in order to remain consistency in “This Blog Life”.
1. STOP!!!! relying on your friends and family to be your only source of exposure for your content. In the beginning I assumed that I would receive a great deal of support from my inner circle however most of my supporters are those who I have no connection to. Not only does having support from people outside your circle of communication a great way to get more exposure but it makes you feel as if you’re finally seeing the hard work you’ve put in for months.
2. Consistency is key In my early stages of blogging I went into it believing I would be able to post weekly, however that became extremely difficult when it was time to juggle homework during my undergrad on top of being a 24/7 mom and wife. Now I have vowed to myself to atleast post bi weekly and if I have time I’ll squeeze in and extra post just to say I doubled my content for the week. So always think realistically when scheduling your post.
3. Challenge yourself…I’ve gotten into the habit of joining 30 day blogging challenges. I start off by jotting down a blog topic each day for a month and I be sure to post them daily for that timeframe. This really helps with consistency as well as keeping content fresh. Speaking of challenges did you know November is National Blog Posting Month??? No! Well now you know so be sure to hop on this challange.
4. Join a blogging support group… I’ve been an active member of a Facebook Blogging Group “Black Women who Blog” that I’ve found very useful with networking with other bloggers, but also a great way to share tips and ideas that could potentially help with growth and development of your own personal blog.
5. Believe in he content you have….the most important part of being a content creator is believing in what you have to offer. As Muhammad Ali once said “To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If you’re not, pretend you are.” So trust in what you have to present to the world and believe you’re journey as a blogger will is well worth it.